Who, What, & Why.
To be a Christ-centered university founded upon and promoting true knowledge, faith in Christ and godly character aiming to develop God-fearing, competent and professional future leaders through excellent, holistic and transformational education.
- To provide holistic transformational learning rooted in Scripture and a Reformed theological framework;
- To contribute to the advancement of knowledge and culture guidance by a biblical Christian worldview;
- To participate redemptively in the development of individuals and society for the glory of God.
- Produce graduate as:
- a scholar exposed to liberal arts education taught from a Biblical Christian worldview;
- a leader equipped with a vision of transformation;
- a citizen encouraged to serve God, his country, & his neighbours;
- Provides excellence in the academic disciplines and programs of higher education founded upon a Biblical Christian worldview;
- Publishes research for the development and advancement of human, knowledge and culture;
- Pursues community services for the development of individuals and society according to God’s design.
Graduate Profile & Competencies.
- A scholar exposed to liberal arts education taught from a Biblical Christian worldview;
- A leader equipped with a vision of transformation;
- A citizen encouraged to serve God, his country, and his neighbours.
UPH graduates can:
- Respond critically, comprehensively and ethically to challenges;
- Act as a compassionate agent of change;
- Engage, serve and transform society.
Lecturer Profile & Competencies.
- A mature Christian who embodies the calling to true knowledge, faith in Christ, and godly character, and who embraces UPH Statement of Faith and UPH Vision and Mission;
- A professional lecturer who grows toward excellence in teaching, research and community service based upon a biblical Christian worldview;
- A role model and leader who shepherds students with a vision to transform the society and nation;
- A faithful steward who actively contributes and supports the continuous improvement of services provided by UPH.
UPH Lecturers can:
- Develop a close relationship with Christ, express, defend and actively share a sound biblical and theological understanding of their knowledge and faith, and demonstrate Christ-like character which is aligned with UPH Statement of Faith and UPH Vision and Mission;
- Manage teaching, research, and community service based on a biblical Christian worldview in an excellent, holistic and transformational manner;
- Shepherd students and engage them in the transformation of the nation and society for the glory of God;
- Grow and apply God-given talents faithfully to improve UPH’s capacity to serve.